March 21, 2013

Product Review: Montane Ladies Lite-speed Jacket

I arrived in the UK with a North Face waterproof jacket that I bought in the USA for $40.  I had a rough idea that North Face was a good brand, though I couldn't really tell you why.  The jacket had everything I was looking for: 1) it was waterproof and 2) it was red.

Since then my tastes have evolved, and one of my favorite pieces of clothing is my Montane Lite-Speed Jacket.

Montane Lite-Speed Jacket

I bought the Lite-speed jacket on sale for £30, and it's worth every penny.  It's perfect for riding as I never get too warm but it doesn't weight me down at all.  Why doesn't it weigh me down?  Because it's TINY!


I know using a promo photo is lame, but that is a seriously small jacket!  I take it road riding and mountain biking - it's impressively wind-proof and water resistant.  It won't keep you dry if it really starts raining, but that's not what a lite jacket is for.  The fact that it drops further in the back than the front makes it extra comfortable for road riding:


Before I had mud guards the back of this jacket took a lot of mud.  Easy to clean, easy to carry.  Possibly one of the most versatile jackets I own.   And there's even a pocket, though I've never figured out what it's for....

No comments:

Post a Comment