January 21, 2013

Winter Walkies up Pen-Y-Fan

It's snowing in Wales!

This is exciting, because it never snows in South Wales.  Ever.  This is what I was told when I moved here 3 years ago.  Since then, it has snowed every year.

At first the snow is fun!  It is for making snow men and enjoying life!

Now the snow is annoying - it is for limiting outdoor activities and causing travel disruptions.

On Sunday, before the snow was annoying, we went for a hike up Pen-y-fan

Pen-y-fan is the tallest peak in south wales - almost 3,000 feet high.  Sometimes it looks like this:

When we got to the top, it looked like this:

I have a little pet project of headstands around the world, and I managed another:

Headstands in hiking boots are hard!

This week I'm away with work again, unlikely I'll get much gym time in (especially since I'm backdating this entry and know I won't gym for the first 2 days!) so it will be one of those fabeled "rest" periods.  Huzzah!


1 comment:

  1. Which one of you died and was buried at the top of the mountain? I can't read the headstone.

    ReplyDelete