January 9, 2013

Wednesday Workouts!

You read that right - workoutS!  I'm away with work at the moment which means I'm working bizarre and continuous hours.  Todays schedule ran from 8am to 10pm, but I managed to run to the gym 3 times.  I also have the added benefit of working with sports people, so when I'm away there's loads of healthy food on offer.  I've decided to try another bread detox (I was on one before I got sick, but when sick I ate everything I could because my theory is the body needs lots of food to make it better.  Or, I feel terrible so at least I can eat comfort foods that make *me* feel better).  Today is day 3.  I've been eating loads of veggies and chicken and fish - and loads of fruit.  I had 2 bananas today!

So this morning I was up at 6am to do my Weights Routine 1 though I only did 2 sets and the weights were a bit off because I'm not used to this gym equipment.

Then after lunch I snuck downstairs for 25 minutes on the stationary bike, Level 10, and I managed something around 8miles.  Obviously the resistance is to low.  I need to look into stationary bike workouts.

And after dinner I snuck down again and managed to run 2 miles in 20 minutes, then spent 10 minutes on the cross-trainer  and then practiced headstands for a while.  I want to be able to come in and out of headstand without falling - ie no thumping feet to the floor.  At least I don't fall backwards much anymore.

I'm completely addicted to this song at the moment.  It makes me want to run and jump and dance and be really good at stuff.  I know it's misogynistic and also from like 10 years ago, but I don't care, I love GirlTalk!


Tomorow is my last day away with work, then it's back home and back on that bicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment